Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New home


I moved into my new home and everything's fine. Got all furniture very quickly and am settled. The only thing that I still struggle with is my new Internet connection (wireless broadband) which still isn't working. I'm typing this from my housemate's computer and will add more to this posting once I'm back online.

We are sharing this house with 6-7 people. The main tenant and her boyfriend are Australians, then there is one girl from Taiwan, her boyfriend from New Zealand, one guy from England, one more girl from Australia and me from Germany. And there is Milly, the cat (20 years old). Everybody is very friendly and so life is quite pleasant here. They really integrated me quickly into the "family". We have 5 bedrooms and share the kitchen, laundry, dining room, livingroom, and garden.

The location is really good, too. To go to the city, it's 8 minutes walking uphill to the main road where the bus stop is, and from there 10 minutes by bus. And there are also buses that go to North Sydney where I'll go to the office in January. And there is a park just down from the house, good to relax with quiet and trees and green.

No comments: