Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to work


My holidays are over, and I'm back to work. I'm on the 9th floor in a 22-floor building. The open-plan office is quiet and air-conditioned. It's a good work environment right in the North Sydney business district.

The bus connection from my new home to the office is very good. There are buses going every 5 minutes. Including the walks it takes me half an hour from door to door.

The communication to my team in Augsburg will be all through the Internet, and I hope that will work out fine. For phone calls and/or chat I hope to catch my German colleagues after knocking-off time at night (morning in Germany). 8 p.m. in Australia is 10 a.m. in Germany.

There is no canteen, but plenty of restaurants and food courts just 100 metres down the street that beat anything that Eurest cooks by miles. A choice of meals from all cuisines of the world, and for very reasonable prices. My colleague Gaetano here (from Belgium) called me "the lucky man" and I guess that's really what I am.

No comments: