Saturday, January 23, 2010

Heidrun

Heidrun is a new friend from my home town. She was born with the same family name as me (nee Maurer) and is maybe a remote relative of me -- we are still trying to connect her ancestry tree to mine, back in the 15th or 16th century.

She has moved to here from the Rheinpfalz and now lives just a few hundred metres from my parent's house. But our connection came just recently through a relative of hers, Hans Maurer from New Zealand, on the other side of the globe. Hans in turn had found me by coincidence through my blog because I had mentioned my great-great-grandfather Konrad Maurer a year ago. And then we found out that Hans's father Heiner had already been in letter correspondence with my father years ago because they were both doing research on their family trees.

Heidrun, now, will come to Australia herself in one month, and meet Hans in Melbourne because he happens to come to Oz for a business trip in March. Such is the small world we have nowadays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were quick, Martin, really! :o)
I wish you all the best, have a good flight!
We'll meet in Sydney... (I hope so)
See you soon,
Heidrun

Katja said...

To Martin,

I think there is a ancestery thing on the internet that might be helpful.
Congrats on your visa!

Katja