Monday, November 24, 2008

Farewell party

Saturday night I made a big party in Augsburg to say goodbye to all my friends, colleagues and family. 40-50 people came and the party was really great fun. Everyone brought some food for the buffet, and I had provided for beer and other drinks.

Highlights of the evening:
* Irish folk songs with Stephan (guitar) and me (bodhrán); special guest star: Ann-Helen (violin)
* Didgeridoo percussion band (a surprise gift for me from my mom to get me into the right mood for the land Down Under)
* Improvizational theatre show with ImproCity Augsburg
* Disco dance & more music
* The failure of a shisha ;)

Special thanks to all who helped me organize this wonderful party, especially to the LETS/VaMuKi team of Kalle, Esther and Annette, and to Esther, Anja, Moni and Marek who helped with the cleanup next day.

2 comments:

offshoredatschi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
offshoredatschi said...

Der Abend war super, und die Didgeridoo-Gruppe war ein guter Einfall deiner Mutter.

Für alle di, wo des da oba ned lesa kenna:

The evening was super, and the Didgeridoo band was a great idea from your mother.