Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Frangipani


I noticed that my view, reflected by my camera, changed from the big panoramic scenes I shot in the beginning to more detail ones, now that I'm settled and a certain daily routine has emerged. This may change when I start travelling again next month. I'm developing the idea of buying a campervan and finding a travel mate to go south to Melbourne and Tasmania for a couple of weeks holiday.

Here is a Frangipani flower, a gift of Nature that to me combines visual beauty, sensual touch and lovely fragrance in an unsurpassed harmony. Forget about roses: this is the flower that deserves poetry perhaps more than any other.

The flower fell by itself from a tree in our street and the picture was taken this afternoon in our front yard. ZEN in 1944 by 1944 pixels.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Martin,
have you seen the coment I left you under your 'Konrad von Maurer' entry?
best regards
Hans Maurer

Martin Maurer said...

Hi Hans,

Sorry, I saw your comment just now. I e-mailed you.