Friday, November 13, 2009

Depressed

I'm back in Sydney for my last 4 days in Australia. And I must reveal I'm in low spirits at the moment, as time forces me to draw my conclusions. It is 4 a.m. in the morning. I need to type this off of my soul.

It has surely been an exciting year, with so many fantastic impressions and pictures and memories and things to learn. I have had much time for myself too, much time to think. Not that I have come to any big new conclusions though.

I am very grateful, I have made so many new friends this year and everybody has been so wonderfully kind to me and helpful. My CV is good and so are, I think, my professional qualifications, my English and my character. And still I have not succeeded in getting an opening for work. I'm still in discussion with NCR Australia about a possible sponsorship and contract for next year, but as of now I have nothing whatsoever in my hands.

I have not made a new relationship either. Instead I have suffered. It was torture to be so close to several most attractive girls, but on a non-touch, mateship-only basis. I realize that I'm not just shy, and not just unlucky either. There's more wrong with me. Nature does not want me to find happiness outside of my solitary self.

I spent countless hours writing this blog, which I did for myself, to preserve the memories in a diary, as well as for you, my dear family, friends and readers, to let you participate in my journey, my impressions and thoughts. In a way this blog will be what remains after this one year of my life in Australia. In a few weeks I will have it printed and bound in hardcover.

I'm going home now, full and empty at the same time, and unsure what to do next.

God, I wish the next 4 days would be over already.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Martin, Kopf hoch: die alte Welt wartet auf dich!
So ein Moon-Gate befindet sich jetzt auch in Augsburg, an der Gabelsbergerstraße.
LG Mama und Papa

Werner & Karola said...

Hello Martin,

We feel for you in your sadness leaving this wonderful country. We were privileged to have met you and have you staying at our place and become friends. We hope that you will return to Australia again. Thank you for helping me with setting up my blog, it was greatly appreciated. We enjoyed reading your postings in your blog and we are sad that it will come to an end soon. Have a good trip back to Germany and please stay in touch.

Love,
Werner & Karola

Anonymous said...

Hey Martin, weißt du, bekanntlich ist ja der Weg das Ziel und ich weiß, dass Dein Weg im letzten Jahr ein sehr außergewöhnlicher und reicher gewesen ist. Insofern hast Du dich emorm weiterentwickelt, zu Dir gefunden und musst nun diese vielen Eindrücke und Ressourcen die sich dir erschließen auch erstmal einordnen können und sehen, wie du sie in dein Leben integrieren kannst. Ich freue mich wie wir alle sehr auf Dich und auf alles spannende was dir weiter bevorstehenden wird. Denn ein Ende ist es keinesfalls!

Bis die Tage, Bruderherz! Moni

Martin Maurer said...

Thanks everyone for your very kind words. I really feel much better already.

Australia, I may be back in January, and I hope to see all my friends here again.

Und jetzt freu ich mich, euch in Deutschland wiederzusehen.

Katja said...

My friend,Martin,

I hope you can come back to Aussie soon because we had a great time doing exciting things with you.

Your friend,

Katja

P.S. It's not the same here without you.

Srinivas Garimella said...

Hi Martin,
Dont think that you are leaving Australia empty hearted. You have wonderful experiences and moments out there and remember that Not evey one can risk their careers and go on a trip to a alien place just as you did.I cant comment on your luck, But I'm sure that good things will be waiting for you and they will knock your doors when you are least execting them. Until then Keep up the good spirits and have a Happy journey back home. Take a break and go back to Australia with rejuvenated spirits.

Best Regards,
Srinivas

Bart said...

About those attractive girls; yes, I know what you mean, I have exactly the same problem.