Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday

On Sunday afternoon it started to lightly rain again and we drove on to the coast to Batemans Bay, and stayed overnight in a motel near a town called Ulladulla. That motel was surprisingly nice, they had a sauna and a good swimming pool which we used before sleeping.

I had taken one day leave this Monday, so I had an extra day to spend with my parents, which was really good. It greatly enjoyed showing them "my" Australia and explaining all the things I've learned last year! It's their first visit to Oz and through their eyes I can see it all again like a first impression.

We had no rain today, it was cloudy and later became sunny again. In the morning we did a bushwalk along a walking track above the cliffs of Ulladulla, starting from the lighthouse. Then we drove back to Sydney, which we reached in the afternoon. We had a brief visit to the Royal Botanic Gardens and, being quite tired, skipped the rest of the City.

Tomorrow early morning I'll drive them back to the airport, where we can return the rental car, and then they'll fly to Cairns and I'll go back to my work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Martin, nett uns in deinem Blog wiederzufinden. Jetzt sind wir gut versorgt bei Werner und Karola und fahren weiter nach Mossman.
l G auch von Fam Schmidlin
Mama und Papa

Martin Maurer said...

Danke fuer die Gruesse -- ich ruf euch nachher noch an.