Friday, March 19, 2010

North Sydney

Today I share with you a photo of North Sydney, which is the suburb where I work. The old building with the clocktower is the Post Office, from 1854. The modern skyscrapers were all built in the 1970s and later. You can't see my office building on this picture, but it's just behind the towers in the middle. The street is Pacific Highway.

This week brought real pleasant weather and I went out after work three nights in a row, with Lucy, a new friend, Anna, my housemate, and Gaetano, a colleague from my office. Wednesday was St. Patrick's Day and we had a good evening at an Irish Pub with nice live music -- vocals, guitar, fiddle and flute. (I got to buy a guitar again too!)

My parents in Queensland are heading South towards Brisbane. They called me from Rockhampton last night, happy to have made a good distance, and said the weather is gradually getting better.

No comments: