Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bagpipe fiddle rock

On Saturday I was on a really good concert. It was a CD launch party of the band Highlander. They play celtic rock in its Scottish variant -- a fusion of modern rock music and traditional scottish-celtic music. They are very good: play the YouTube video to get an impression!



They really rocked the house! I bought the new released CD and also got all the band member's autographs. The concert was not in Sydney but at a sailing club at Lake Macquarie (Australia's biggest saltwater lake) 1.5 hours drive north from here (the band is from Newcastle). It was thanks to Peter and Toni that I learned about the event, thanks to Lucy, a new friend who kindly lent me her car that I could go there, and thanks to Wolfi and Petra, two other friends from Rosco (German Aussies) whom I met at the gig that I had a bed for the night. What would I do without my friends?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Schön wenn man Freunde in der Fremde hat, wirkliche Freunde, die einem das Auto leihen, ein Bett bieten, uneigennützig informieren und natürlich auch sonst da sind, wenn man sie braucht!!

l. G. Papa