Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A new guitar

I finally bought myself a guitar again. This time I didn't find a good used one, so I ended up buying a new one, a Washburn, spending more money than I originally wanted. I also got a mount for the wall to have it in quick reach. The mount is really cool, I kind of like it better than the guitar!

So now I can play and practise again. Something for the winter nights. It's shocking: these days it gets dark already at 5:30 p.m. I come home from work in the last glimpse of daylight, or if I'm a bit later, in full darkness already. And we have just mid-April. How will it be in June?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool - Glückwunsch!
Sieht hübsch aus, ist das ne Westerngitarre mit Stahlsaiten?

LG moni

Anonymous said...

Hallo Martin,

schöne Gitarre. Wie schleppst du die nach good old Bavaria?
Hast du auch einen schönen stabilen Gitarrenkoffer?

Gruß
Alex

Martin Maurer said...

@Moni: Ja, Stahlsaiten mit ziemlich hoher Saitenpannung, macht leider das Spielen fuer die linke Hand relativ anstrengend und schmerzhaft. Aber haertet auch ab! Vielleicht kann ich die sogenannte 'Action' noch etwas einstellen lassen.

Wegen dem kleineren Korpus laeuft das Modell unter dem Begriff "Folk-" statt "Westerngitarre".

@Alex:Ja, ich hab einen schönen stabilen Gitarrenkoffer dazu, der war dabei. Nach D werd ich das Ding vermutlich gar nicht schleppen, sondern vor Abflug hier wieder verkaufen. Ich kauf mir dann lieber in D wieder ne neue.