Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Northward bound

The time has come for me to leave Schönegg. I was sorry to say goodbye since I really enjoyed every minute there. They have given me not only board, lodging, and the opportunity to make myself useful, but also acceptance into their family, in short: a home. Upon my saying so, Richard told me this: A home is a place you can always return to.

This is food for thought. It tells me that I have not only one but actually several homes already here in Australia, and two or three homes in Germany. Which is no doubt a very happy position to be in.

I promised I will come back to Schönegg in spring. And now I'm finally northward bound as planned. I left Canberra, passed Sydney on my way spending two nights on two different couches (homes!), and am currently typing this from Newcastle, which I'll leave behind me in another 30 minutes.

You may have heard of the current floodings at the northern NSW coast. They mean to me that I can't take the coastal road but instead will use the inland route from here to Brisbane. So I will not get to see, or share with you pictures, of these floodings.

The other news is that I have booked my return flight for Germany. I will be back in the Fuggerstadt on the 17th of November 2009, exactly 11 months after I left.

No comments: