Monday, December 28, 2009

Weber Hütte

I spent a sunny winter day with my parents in the Allgäu, to visit a friend, Hannelore, with her sister and daughters. They own a cottage, Weber Hütte, situated in the Wertach Valley landscape conservation area near Nesselwang. In Weber Hütte, two self-contained apartments (for up to 12 respectively 8 persons) are available for rent throughout the year. In summer you can go for walks or mountain hiking, e.g. to the nearby Alpspitze. In winter the area is attractive for winter sports.

While Augsburg has no more snow at present, the Allgäu is picturesquely white. The reason is altitude: we're here at 900 m above sea level. We went for a lovely walk over snow-covered fields against the backdrop of the Alps, and alongside the rippling Wertach river. I think it is safe to say this is one of the most beautiful areas of Germany.

2 comments:

Cori said...

wow it's look lovely :) that's the kind of Winter i like ..
Let's talk on Skype very soon, i have news about my visa and i need ur advise ;)
and thanks again for ur letter, i was so surprised and grateful, that cheers me up and i had good memories too.
Hugs,
Cori :))

Martin Maurer said...

Thanks Cori, hope to talk to you soon too! If you can't catch me on Skype, please e-mail me.