Sunday, July 12, 2009

A country music concert

My time at the dairy farm is over, but I want to continue wwoofing a bit more at another place. After my "close encounter of the cow kind", Saturday 11th gave me the opportunity to experience the "cowboy side" of Australia: Neil Duddy, a Queensland Country music singer, gave a concert at the caravan park here. For only $20 you got to enjoy the music, a dinner, and a free stay for the night at the park, so it was a great offer and the park was full -- 140 people, mostly elderly but still cool, open-hearted and fun-loving as Australians are, sitting around several fireplaces and tables.

Neil had hooked himself up with a wireless microphone and guitar, so he could move about the crowd freely while he was singing and playing, and we all had a very enjoyable evening. Later that night, Neil let me play his guitar, and I entertained the audience a bit with my music too, at the fireplace, and they all applauded and encouraged me to play another song and one more! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Martin,
congratulations on your new job as a country singer! We are again very proud of you and will encourage you to go on finding new and interesting jobs! Much love, Mum and Dad