Friday, December 19, 2008

Arrived!


I've arrived in Sydney. I'm typing this in a very tired state, having had no sleep for ?? hours -- I can't calculate now.

Everything went well, I got my rental car at Sydney Airport, drove right into the heart of the city and through (without GPS, and with left-hand-traffic and a right-hand-steering-wheel), over the famous Harbour Bridge and to my hotel.

I've had my first meal here, my first shower, chats, walks -- I walked on foot back over the bridge and spent a couple of hours wandering through the city. I also successfully got some important things done - fully opened my bank account, bought a SIM card for my phone, and registered for WLAN access at the hotel, which is from where I'm typing this right now.

There would be lots of first impressions to put down, but they'll have to wait, I need to catch some sleep now.

2 comments: