Tuesday, December 23, 2008

North Sydney

North Sydney is not the northern half of Sydney, it is a specific suburb, the other main business district, with skyscrapers and nowhere to park your car. This is where a lot of companies, especially the IT companies, have their Sydney offices.

This morning I had a look at my company's office there, to say hello to the people. They are located in a 22-floor-building, with the NCR logo on top, using 4 of the floors. Nice view, and very friendly people who welcomed me.

Back on the streets in North Sydney I heard the sound of a saxophone playing, and then I saw a sight that made me wish I had taken my camera with me. It was a christmas tree, the size of a man, on wheels, with a face and arms, playing the saxophone. In between the breaks he would wave "Merry Christmas" to the passers-by. And no, it was not a robot. It was a cheerful adult man in a whole-body-costume.

No comments: