Monday, December 22, 2008

Xmas in AU

Some people asked me whether there were any christmas decorations now in Australia. Yes, there are. Plastic christmas trees, more like a cone than an actual tree. The picture on the right gives you a pretty good example. This is one of the nicer ones. There are uglier ones too. ;)

Most of this decoration is in the shopping centres, supported by pop music versions of christmas songs. Naturally, something like a German Weihnachtsstimmung just can't really come up in summer. But no worries. I hear the snow has melted in Germany and there won't be White Christmas either. And this morning the TV showed snow chaos in the US. So Australia is not a bad place to be at the moment...

I had my TomTom navi checked and it turned out that what was broken was not the navi but the cigarette lighter in my rental car. So I went to Hertz and got a new car today (same model but a nicer colour), and everything's working again now.

No comments: