Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Australian Reptile Park


Today I was at the Australian Reptile Park which is at Gosford, about 70 km or an hour's drive, north of Sydney. This is a zoo where you can see not only reptiles but also all the typical Australian animals such as kangaroos, wallabies, Tasmanian devils, platypus, wombats, parrots and koalas.
As you can see, I already bought myself the mandatory "Indiana Jones" hat :)

What I really liked best was the area where you can pet and feed the kangaroos. They are too cute!

But they also showed the more dangerous animals -- snakes, crocodiles, spiders, etc. I'm sure you have heard the horror stories of the deadly fauna in the land Down Under. Well, I survived the first week without meeting any of them. And well, 20 million people live here and don't feel that the "lucky country" is constantly threatening their lives. So once again, no worries.

No comments: