Monday, February 23, 2009

Arrived


Have you ever experienced this feeling that you step off a car, ship or aircraft at a new place and you have this instant feeling that this is "the right place", that you have finally "arrived", almost as if you had come home?

I had this feeling yesterday night, just after I came out of the Quarantine Station at Devonport ferry terminal where they had taken away my potatoes and onions (Tasmania is "disease free" when it comes to fruit and vegetables, and so they are afraid of mainland veggies). I just drove 100 or 200 metres, and there it was, this feeling. Instant relaxation. I know that I like this island. Butterflies in my stomach.

I'm in Australia now for 2 months and although I liked it a lot, that feeling hasn't been there before. Now it is.

No comments: