Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Preparing for the travel

I've been busy working on my campervan the last week to prepare it for my first long trip. It took a lot of work to clean it properly. But now it looks good and I'm looking forward to going on the road and staying on campsites. I have plenty of experience in RV (Wohnmobil) camping from my past trips all over Europe, so I feel relaxed and know what to expect and how to do things.

I plan to go south to Tasmania and then back to Sydney. I'll take my time and estimate I'll be gone for about 6 weeks until the end of March. I will keep my rented room here in Sydney during that time.

You have probably heard the news of the catastrophic bushfires in Victoria. This is such a horrific and sad story. Every day they report a higher number of deaths, and tell the stories of those who barely survived the inferno. This afternoon, when I was sitting in a cafe reading the newspaper, by the time I got to page 5 I just cried.

Still, I will be travelling through Victoria next week on my way to Melbourne. But I promise I'll be careful.

No comments: