Thursday, February 5, 2009

Brushing up my musical side

I also found a nice second-hand acoustic guitar (a Fender DG8S), and am currently brushing up (auffrischen) my song memory: Pop songs, Medieval, Irish Folk.

And speaking of Irish Folk, I'm also currently teaching myself the tin whistle -- preferrably in our granite-tiled staircase (mit Granitplatten gefliesten Treppenhaus) because of the nice reverb (Hall) -- but only when I'm home alone! ;)

(If you're wondering what's the cursive stuff above: a German friend asked me whether I could translate difficult English words in this blog, so here you go. )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Martin,

long live Irish Folk!

I suppose next time you're gonna teach yourself how to play the fiddle, won't you?
I'm looking forward to listening to you during another session when you're back - if you intend to come back at all, since you seems to have a pretty good time down under. And it just started...

Guess, you're already missing Bill's messages right now. To be honest, I'm getting a little bit envious about you as I read this blog. To make it not too hard for me, pls write a little bit about the dark side of Australia which makes me never ever wanna go there. I know your imaginative skills, so come on...

Good luck and save journey,
Markus

Martin Maurer said...

Hi Markus,

Thank you very much, and you're of course absolutely right in everything. And I promise I will fulfil your request and write something about everything that "sucks" here. :D

All the best to Germany and greetings to all colleagues.

Martin