Sunday, February 15, 2009

On the way

I left Sydney behind, and in the last minute I also found a travel mate who's going with me: Shelly, a Canadian woman, a few years older to me. The weather has changed from mild rains to heavy rains, and since we started on Friday there wasn't much we could see because of all that rain. We went into the Blue Mountains (Katoomba), then headed south towards Canberra. But we did see wild Kangaroos -- a whole lot of them! This lucky spot was Bungonia State Recreation Area where we stayed on a campsite overnight.

I'm typing this from Goulburn tourist information centre, where they have free Internet access. Goulburn claims to be Australia's oldest inland city, and they have a couple of interesting buildings from the mid-1880s. This afternoon we'll reach Murrumbateman, north of Canberra, where the Stohrer/Anderson family, ex-neighbours from my parent's house in Koenigsbrunn, live.

No comments: