Thursday, February 19, 2009

Merimbula

Rain, rain, rain. I'd never have thought it could rain so much in Australia. This is supposed to be a dry country!

We've headed south from Canberra and back to the coast. This area is called the Sapphire Coast, and we're staying on a campground for two nights in a town called Merimbula.

Beautiful names! They would be really apt (passend) if it didn't pour nonstop since yesterday night, after we arrived and put out the new awning (Markise) I bought for the campervan. Now, after 24 hours, everything is wet and muddy. We're only lucky to stay in a van and not a tent. And we have electrical power, so I can turn the aircon to heating mode. Shelly and I went separate ways for the whole day; she isn't in such a good mood and needed some time for herself. I, too, feel frustrated as I couldn't do much all day: went shopping and watched a movie (Slumdog Millionaire). And silently cursed the rain, my computer and that bloody wireless Internet connection which drives me crazy. I finally gave it up and am typing this text offline. I'll try to post it tomorrow at a McDonald's restaurant, they have free WiFi (WLAN). Or at our next campsite, these often nowadays have free WiFi too.

I also had to buy a new secondary battery for the van; the old one was no longer working properly.

No comments: