Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Birthday

Yeah, yesterday was my birthday... on the same day as Barack Obama. I don't know about him, but *I* had a very nice day! :) First of all, my sister Moni and Florian arrived from Germany! They came in their campervan (a nice little "Hippie Camper" decorated with big flowers on the outside) to meet us in Coolum Beach.

It was perfect weather, and we went straight away to the beach, enjoying the view and the sound of the surf and the warm sun and the feeling of just being there. (No swimming, it's still too cold here for that.) Then I invited my guests for lunch to a Thai restaurant (very nice food), having my "Spendierhosen an" today. ;) We did some shopping, bought a prepaid SIM card for Moni's phone, and then drove up to the house of Scott and Sally from Rainbow Love Farm.

They welcomed us very heartily and I really felt a bit as if "coming home". All four of the children were there too. And two dogs. We lit a campfire and sat outside all night until late. Sally cooked a nice Indian curry dinner for all of us, the kids melted marshmallows, the grown ups had beer and wine, and a bottle of sparkling wine to toast to me. It was so nice to be not alone on my birthday, but having so many good friends around me!

And Moni gave me presents and letters and greeting cards from my dear ones at home: from herself and my parents and my other sister and her family and my grandma. Thank you all so much. You really think of me! And I'm thinking of you, too.

And then I got more good wishes from friends by e-mail and on facebook etc. ... thanks a lot, everyone. What you write helps me keep realizing and not forgetting what an amazing thing I'm doing here and how special this all is, and keeps my spirits up in hard times and count my blessings.

Mit Wind bekleidet,
Feuer atmend,
in der Umarmung von Licht
und Finsternis
lasse ich mich hineingebären in den Erdenfluß

This poem was sent to me by Anita, a friend from my Irish Folk band in Germany. Thank you!

2 comments:

Moni said...

Hallo Enchik Martin,

auch aus dem Schwabenland:

Selamat Hari Jadi!

Wünsche Dir weiterhin alles Liebe, Gute und Schöne auf Deiner Reise!

Jumpa Lagi!

Moni

Martin Maurer said...

Terima Kasih Asma! :)

Vielen lieben Dank.