Monday, August 31, 2009

Atherton Tablelands (one more time)

I spent a further three days in the Atherton Tablelands, seeing more lakes, more waterfalls, some kangaroos, an old mining town, and a very deep crater hole that came from an enormous volcanic gas explosion 3 million years ago.

Now I think I have seen the Tablelands in enough detail and I can go back on my way south.

A township named Innot Hot Springs has a creek running with hot thermal water. On one side of this hot-water creek is a hotel, and on the other a caravan park in which I stayed a night. Two weeks ago Moni and Florian had been here, and they had told me about it. The park features several pools of this natural thermal water, at different temperatures. The hottest pool is 43 degrees!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hallo martin,
einmal mehr klasse fotos, echt beeindruckend. weiterhin viel spaß

gruß dennis

Mathias and Evelyn Everson said...

Hi

See you at Country Guesthouse Schonegg soon. Mathias

Would you like to "house sit" again??? Richard, the kids and I planning a three day getaway from 29th October. Come the week before or after and stay, and we can catch up. Evelyn

Martin Maurer said...

Danke Dennis! *freu*

@Mathias & Evelyn: Yes, see you soon! I've just e-mailed you.