Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I just noted...

...that I've used the word 'beautiful' in 4 of my last 5 postings. I guess it shows I'm in good mood, and maybe also a bit romantic about Australia. I will miss this country a lot. And I will miss all the good friends I have made here.

Now that the spring has come here and everything is fresh and green -- to think that in 3 weeks I'll be sitting in an airplane back home, into cold and grey November Germany. But of course I'm also very much looking forward to reuniting with my family and to seeing my German friends again.

I have said goodbye to Evelyn, Richard, Magdalena, Wilhelm, Mathias and Katja, who were my "Schonegg family" in Murrumbateman. I visited Peter once more, the musician, and we had a wonderful BBQ dinner at his house, with his wife Ange and their daughter, and played some more music with guitar, sitar and banjo. He also gave me a lot of great music on CDs and a very special CD, a recording of our own music session.

Now I'm back in Sydney, staying in Michael's house as before. My car has not sold yet, so I reduced the price some more.

4 comments:

Srinivas Garimella said...

Hi Martin,
Are you going back to Germany ? I thought you will stay back and search for a job down under ...
Do you have plans to come back here ?
Anyways Im happy that you are meeting your family members and friends after almost an year ..

Martin Maurer said...

Hi Srinivas,

Well, I am still looking for an opening in Australia, but I have none certain so far, so unless something comes up in the next 2 weeks I prepare everything for going back to Germany. I will go back in any case on the 16th November because my visa expires next month, as well as my health insurance, and because I have promised my family to do so.

Cori said...

Good luck for the car selling !! I wish i could give us both a sponsorship, i guess we both would work very well together ... :) Cheers and enjoy the last days in OZ !

Martin Maurer said...

Thanks Cori!