Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dalmeny

I'm spending the Easter holidays at Dalmeny near Narooma. We have lovely sunny weather here and Im staying in the same campground for 4 nights.

On Friday and Saturday I saw Tilba Tilba and Central Tilba, which is a cute little heritage village, and they had a big festival with booths, food stalls, lots of good live music and various performances, including fun games such as "toss the boot" (Stiefelwerfen) or "catch the egg".

Today is Easter Sunday and the weather was just gorgeous. Sunny and really warm, still 100% summer and not a trace of autumn here at the moment. I swam in the sea and had great fun in the surf with a bogeyboard. Sometimes I would conquer the wave and sometimes it would conquer me! :)

So I'm having a really nice Easter here, with nice people around me on the campsite. We're sharing the campfire, some food, and at the moment I'm typing this on my neighbour's computer. What made the day really special though is that just before sunset I could get a running Skype connection to my parents in Germany. And thanks to the webcam I could even make a video call and show them my face, the campground, and then I took them down to the beach and showed them the sea and the sunset. That was so cool.

Tonight we'll have another campfire and I'm going to try making stick bread!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi how are you hope you are having a good time camping we will be keeping contact with you. from Rob Libby Breezy and Demi.
from Brielle

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Martin Maurer said...

Hi Rob and family,

Thanks, yes I'm having a good time, and it would be great to keep in touch.

I added 3 photos today including yours -- if you have objections just let me know and I'll remove it.

Anonymous said...

hi martin we are camping tonight at Dalmeny.Its very cold here as its winter. We are laughing around the camp fire singing the cats in the kettle. Regards Rob Libby and Brielle . hope your well mate.