Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Leaving my room

This is a farewell picture: Michael D., Peggy, Lochy, and me. Alas, the time has come for me to leave my room in Sydney, permanently. :(

I don't feel good at all doing so, but I have to save the cost of the rent. I sold as much as I could of my furniture and things (Gumtree was my friend again). As I'm writing this, I'm disassembling the bed to transport it to the buyer this afternoon.

I divided the remainder into things that I will take in my car and things I will leave in Sydney in storage. It was a hard decision-making with every little thing since I will leave Sydney in May and don't plan to come back for several months, unless I have to. But I just don't nearly have the space in my van to take everything with me.

From now on it's only "the bare necessities", life on the minimum. Pray that at least the car will give me no more major trouble.

I want to go up north to Queensland in May, to where the weather is warmer. But before, I will spend a week in Adelaide because Cori has invited me to come. I decided to take a flight, the distance would be quite a long drive and there is a car waiting for me in Adelaide. Keep your fingers crossed that everything will be okay. And then after that, I plan to spend a week at Evelyn's and Richard's B&B and make myself useful there. And then, Queensland.

I may now be (mostly) offline from the Internet until the end of next week.

PS: I just spoke to my dad and there is bad news: he has suffered a blast trauma from a kitchen blender that exploded while he tried to repair it. Looks like he will have a permanent hearing impairment. :(

1 comment:

Cori said...

Ah, das is also das Bett :)) .. freu mich auf morgen, wuensch dir nen guten Flug und see ya in the morning ! i cross the fingers - es wird schon !! kopf hoch and no worries, Mate .. X Cori :))