Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Videos!

Now that I have a better Internet connection again, I can share some of the videos I took in the last 2 months. I had to encode the videos to make the files smaller, so please excuse the low image quality.

I took this one to give you an impression of Tasmanian rainforest, with the sounds of birds and these giant tree ferns. This was on the west coast. Follow me on a little walk -- playing time 27 seconds.


This is the echidna. I uploaded this particularly for you, Brigitte and Michi! :)


Here I'm in the picture (Cori took the video) at Gordon dam. Listen to the fabulous echo!


At the beautiful beach on Bruny Island!


And here you can see me surfing. Well okay, it's not me. Anyway...


Now we're back on the mainland, on Easter Saturday at Tilba festival. This guy was an amazing flutist. I should have asked him what this double flute is called. Actually he was so good and special, I should have asked him for his name and business card to keep contact.


Still at Tilba festival, this shows you how "toss the boot" is played. It is more difficult than you think -- and of course great fun to watch! Everyone who wants to give it a try can play. The master of ceremonies (the guy with the balloons on his hat) asks their name and marks the distance on the ground with chalk. At the end, the winner gets a prize. Something for your next summer party or street festival?


And this is on my "hat and shoes only" nature walk at the nudist resort "River Island".

No comments: